The Colombo Harbor Southwest Breakwater Lighthouse is one of the six lighthouses in the Colombo Harbour.
It lies at the end of the Southwestern Breakwater of the Colombo Harbour. This breakwater was completed in 1885 at cost of £705,000 using 300 convicts to load / unload rocks from a query at Mahara.
The light house was made operational in 1903 and emits a green light occulting once every 5 seconds with a range of range 13 nautical miles. This lighthouse is managed by the Sri Lanka Ports Authority.
Access to this area is restricted and require permission of the ports authority.
Map of Colombo Harbor Southwest Breakwater Lighthouse
The map above also shows other places of interest within a approximately 20 km radius of the current site. Click on any of the markers and the info box to take you to information of these sites.
Zoom out the map to see more surrounding locations using the mouse scroll wheel or map controls.
Route from Colombo to Colombo Harbor Southwest Breakwater Lighthouse
|distance : 2.8 km|
Travel time : 10 minutes
Driving directions : see on google map