Elgin Estate Fall – II – එල්ජින් ඇල්ල – II
|Height :||23 meters|
|District :||Nuwara Eliya|
The first 10m Elgin Estate Fall – II in the Elgin Estate seen cascading from a mountain to the right of the road. From Talawakelle there is a bus to the site of the fall. From here, a 1.5km trek through difficult track leads to the fall. A hydro power plant is located here.
This waterfall cluster consists of 5 identified waterfalls. They are
Located on the Elgin Estate at an altitude of 1500m, Elgin Estate Fall – 1 is 18km from the city of Nuwara Eliya. Take the Lindula Keldeniya road from Talawakele via Agrawa Valley. It is then a 2km trek along a footpath through the jungle, to the fall. Alternatively, take the train from Nuwara Eliya to Ambewella station. Follow the track from the third bridge at Ambewella station for a tortuous 3km walk to the fall. A convenient place to stay is the Talawakele rest-house, 2km away.
- Waterfalls of Sri Lanka
- Other Places of Interest Within Close Proximity
Map of Elgin Estate Fall – II
The map above also shows other places of interest within a approximately 20 km radius of the current site. Click on any of the markers and the info box to take you to information of these sites.
Zoom out the map to see more surrounding locations using the mouse scroll wheel or map controls.
Travel Directions to Elgin Estate Fall – II
There is no motorable road to access Elgin Estate Falls. You could view the falls number of ways
- Take a train between Nanu Oya and Ambewela. The fall can be seen 4.5 kms after Ambewela Station towards the Nanuoya Station.
- Travel to Ambewela and hike on the railway for 4.5 kms
- Travel to Perakumpura Sub Railway Station which lies between Nanuoya and Ambewela Stations and walk along the railway track approximately 6 km towards Ambewela
- Drive from Lindula (turn off from Lindula Maha Vidyalaya) towards Elgin Estate on estate roads for about 15 kms and hike last 2 kilometers